6.1.14

Resolved Reading

Happy New Year!  I can't believe we are already a week in.  Where has the time gone?  Well, I know where a lot of mine has.


I've said before that I am not one for New Year's resolutions, but I did make one this year.  I finally seem to be coming out the other side from these concentration problems as the medication I was on works its way out of my system, and one of the things I realize I miss a lot is reading.  It is one of several things I did not realize I was really doing without when I was in the middle of it, and I have a lot of time to make up for.  I need time away from screens, be they computer, phone, or television to reteach myself concentration. So in addition to all of the things I started late last year to recoup my health, I've decided to read 25 books this year.

If you knew me before all of this happened, 25 books seems like a low number.  And I have already finished the first in just a week (The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead, book 3 of the Bloodlines Series).  But I wanted to make a goal that is achievable.  I made a crazy used book order and have seven books winging their way to me right now (hopefully they beat all of this weather), so that I can get a start on reading two books a month. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to increase that number as my brain remembers how to concentrate more.

And in the meantime I am working away on my first sock of the year -- Mince Pie Mayhem in Space Cadet Creations Lucina.

1 comment:

  1. I recommend Enclave, Outpost and Horde. I quite enjoyed that series. I've just started The Darkest Minds audio book and it's pretty good too, but I'm not 100% sold yet. Good luck with your continued reading.

    ReplyDelete